- FERRO ROD SIZE: 1/2” in diameter, 4” in length
- PACKING DIMENSION (L x W x H): 87 x 165 x 20mm
- NET WEIGHT: 4.06 oz / 115g
- GROSS WEIGHT: 5.06oz / 143.5g
- COLOR: Black coated ferro rod, Orange lanyard, Silver scraper
WHY FERROFIRE FS124 ?
Why FS124 is better than other brand?
Extra 3000+ Strikes, Perfect Size
- EXTRA 3000+ STRIKES – 18,000 strikes of FS124 Vs15,000 strikes of other brands.
- PERFECT SIZE – length of 4 inch is light weight, quite fit your pocket or back-pack.
Superb Serrated Carbon Steel Scraper SA02
- SHARP STRIKING EDGES – all made of carbon steel with 4 sharp edges, “bite” surface of a ferro rod to generate hot sparks shower with short striking distance.
- SERRATED END – make small wood chips or curls of ferrocerium to work as tinder. Each FERROFIRE ferro rod is soft enough to do that!
- ANTI-SLIP PATTERN – 2 laser engraved FERROFIRE logos work great for that.
Reflective Orange 550 Paracord Lanyard
- STRONG & DURABLE – 550 paracord can hold a minimum of 550 lbs. before it breaks or snaps.
- REPURPOSED IF NECESSARY – unbraided length up to 5.2ft/1.6m, can work for shelter, fishing, first aid, traps, moving objects.
- EASIER TO SPOT – reflective orange makes it easy to see in your backpack or be found after dropped into wood.
- EXTRA 3,000+ STRIKES – FERROFIRE FS124 emergency fire starter has a thicker ferro rod, 1/2″ in diameter is thicker than normal 3/8″ ferro rod from other brands, FS124 has 18,000 strikes capacity more than normal 15,000 strikes of other brands.
- LIGHT-WEIGHT DESIGN – net weight 130g or 4.6oz, FS124 camping fire starting tool has a perfectly length ferro rod, 4″ long drilled ferro rod is light weight and quite comfortable to fit in your pocket and can carry it in your Bug-Out bag or camping kit .
- EASY TO SPOT – the reflective orange 550 paracord lanyard is included by this FS124 fire steel fire starter, you can easily find it when it in green grass or your bug-out bag.
- MULTI-FUNTION – after unfolded, the 550 paracord lanyard that is included by this FS124 survival fire starter is up to 1.6m, it can hold a minimum of 550 lbs. before it breaks or snaps, it can also work for shelter, fishing, first aid, traps, moving objects.
- SERRATED SHARP SCRAPER – Superb carbon steel ferro rod striker SA02 is decent, with four sharp strike edges for left hand and right hand use, has sharp teeth to grind off some of the magnesium and wood shavings. The edges are nice and sharp for a good, beefy spark. It throws them very nicely.
- HOT SPARKS UP TO 5,500°F/3,000℃ – FS124 ferro rod fire starter can throw a ton of sparks to make quick and easy work of igniting tinder, beyond the fact of being smart to have an emergency tool to help starting a fire.
- WORK IN ANY WEATHER – premium ferrocerium rod made by FERROFIRE can work in any weather, rainy, wet, snow, even after dropped into water, you can pick it up, and start a camping fire anytime.
- EASY TO USE AND KEEP – FERROFIRE FS124 mergency camping fire starter is much easier to hold and strike than the typical small ferro rod, such as a thin 3/8″ dimater ferro rod from other brands. You can keep it as prepping maerial in case of an emergency situation.
- MAGNESIUM NOT IN NEED ANY MORE – each ferro rod made by FERROFIRE is soft model, it can be scraped into small curls of ferrocerium that can work great as magnesium to ignite a camping fire with more ease. You do not need to take dangerous flammable magnesium any more.
- CAN BE RELIED ON – both FS91 and FS124 fire starter are equipped with a top quality ferrocerium rod manufactured by SED TECHNOLOGY, should you meet any issue during use our products please do not hesitate to contact FERROFIRE customer support, we will take quick remedy action within 48 hours.
How to start a fire with FERROFIRE FS124?
1. First of all, the black coating is to protect a ferro rod from oxidation in air, especially in wet air. It needs to be partially scraped off before ignition, please make sure you are striking the inside silver ferrocerium when start a fire.
2. Grab FERROFIRE serrated scraper SA02 with your dominant hand, with its sharp edge against the rod (scraper SA02 tilting about 45 degrees relative to the ferro rod), brace your hand on the ground closer to tinder. You will be keeping scraper SA02 stationery during striking.
3. Grip the ferro rod with your secondary hand, bring it under SA02, pull the ferro rod toward you, making sure that it rubs against SA02’s sharp edge, you will find it so easy to generate hot spark shower.
- We highly recommend using SA02, instead of a knife to start a fire, SA02 is designed to save a knife’s life because the spark’s temperature is up to 5,500°F/3,000℃, hot enough to hurt a knife blade. SA02 can be ordered separately.
Should you meet any issue during use FERROFIRE product, please search FERROFIRE on your browser to send us an online contact form, you will get quick response within 24 hours.
BUY ‘ferrofire ferro rods’ or ‘ferrofire fire starters’ TOGETHER! Visit the FERROFIRE Store to FIND ALL SIZES FERRO RODS!
ALL SIZES OF PREMIUM FERRO RODS ARE AVAILABLE!
Eg. 5/32″ x 3″ means 5/32″ in diameter and 3″ in length
- MINI SMALL 5/32” x 3” 800+ strikes, for boy-scout
- SHORT SMALL 3/8” x 3” 15,000+ strikes, for boy-scout
- CLASSIC SIZE 3/8” x 4” 15,000+ strikes, lighter weight, a part of FS384 fire starter.
- HEAVY-DUTY 1/2” x 4” 18,000+ strikes, light-weight and durable, a part of FS124 fire starter.
- HEAVY-DUTY PLUS 1/2” x 5” 18,000+ strikes, massive sparks.
- SUPER-DUTY 9/16” x 4″ 20,000+ strikes, super durable, a part of FS91 fire starter.
FS91 Super-Duty Ferro Rod Fire Starter
Includes a SUPER-DUTY 9/16″ x 4″ ferro rod
- EXTRA 5,000+ STRIKES
- SUPER SHARP FERRO ROD STRIKER
- REFLECTIVE ORANGE 550 PARACORD LANYARD – unfolded length up to 5.2ft/1.6m, can work for shelter, fishing, first aid, traps, moving objects.
- DETACHABLE SHACKLE – stainless steel for renewal of exhaussted ferro rod.